Worship at Home
PHONE IN TO OUR SERVICES
If you know someone who can't get our services online, then do pass on the information that it is now possible to phone in and listen to the service.
You would need to dial a number with a London code and pay the cost of your call – which is the cost of a normal London call, not one which charges extra. So, if you have a deal on your phone which offers free calls to landlines, or free calls of up to an hour, it would be free to you.
If you want to call in and listen, this is what you would need to do:
Be ready to start 10 minutes before the service
Ring one of these phone numbers:
0203 481 5237
0203 481 5240
0208 080 6591
0208 080 6592
When asked, enter the Meeting Room number which is: 629 392 3307
When asked for an ID number, you don't have one, so press the # key
When asked, enter the password number: 828492
You will then be connected to the ZOOM meeting room, and after a short delay, we will say hello and welcome you to the service.
We will then mute your phone line so that it is safe for you to make a noise without sharing it with us all!
You can hang up the phone at any time during the service if you wish to.
At the end we will unmute everybody and can have a brief chat if you wish to.
So it's fairly simple, just remember that the cost of the phone call will be yours, a standard landline charge for a London call.
Sunday Services - 5th July 2020
- All age Communion Service Livestream at 9:30am with Beth and Iain through the All Saints Rayne Facebook page
- All age Worship Livestream at 11am with Beth and Iain on The Church in Great Notley Facebook page
- Prayer and Praise (Livestream at 7pm on The Church in Great Notley Facebook page)
Morning Prayer is hosted in a ZOOM online meeting room at 9am every weekday. To join in, email Beth the day before to get the ZOOM room number. You will need to download the Service Sheet and bring a Bible to join in fully.
For Evening Prayer, we will post a short video which will be available from 5pm weekdays on the same YouTube channel.
There are plenty of online resources too, here are some examples:
- The BBC's Daily Service and Sunday Worship - radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
- Prayer for the day - each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Pray as you go app
- Live streaming services - users can watch live streams of services from a range of churches and we will be improving AChurchNearYou.com in the days ahead to make this clearer.
- Daily Hope - The Church of England has launched a free dial-in worship service to bring prayer to people's homes while churches are closed because of the coronavirus pandemic. The national line is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044 and offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of a telephone line. Do spread the word among those who can't access online services.